Wednesday 24 November 2010

Perfect Kayak

I have found the perfect Kayak! Hurrah!

Well perfect for me anyway! It's a sit-on, and most importantly, I can fit it into my car boot (so no lifting onto the high Prado roof) and will be able to carry it on my own. It can also be easily converted into a tandem when I go out with my daughter, and a triple when I want to take both kids out on the water with me!

Sounds unbelievable - but its true. The Tequila kayak can be a single or double/triple kayak as it has easily clip apart sections, which is why it will fit in the car boot. Each section is around 11kg so even I could carry a couple of those when I am on my own! It's going to mean that I can go out for a quick paddle on my own, whenever and as often as I like.












Take a closer look... here at Point 65's website

Point 65 have also just introduced a sit-in version, called the Martini, which looks great too. See both of them in action on this YouTube Video :

The Tequila is is going to get me out on the water whenever I please, without being dependant on my husband or anyone else, and is light enough for me to carry, in and out of the car, and in and out of the water - I probably don't even need a landing site, so might be able to get out on the water just a few minutes from home. How awesome would that be?

It costs around $1,000-$1,500 in Australia and the tandem version (just take out middle section to convert to a single) is currently available at a sale price of $799 from Anaconda. Anaconda are also selling the Tequila backrests, which I think will be essential if you are spending any length of time paddling. Nothing about the backrests on their website, but I have seen the backrests in the Anaconda Moore Park store for $85, more details on those at Richard Ohman's website.

So, at the moment you can get the Tequila for a great price - how many other tandems are available at that price? But I will have to wait and save up some pennies in new year for mine :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment